13 total views, 1 views today
This interview was done while Mr.Nimi was still the Mr.UI , ENJOY!!
CAN WE MEET YOU ?
- I am Oluwalonimi Olarinkomi Onipede , the Second child of three and the first boy. I was born in Ibadan city and started my primary school in UI here, at Baptist Nur/Pry school and I moved on to Government College where I did my Jss1 before I ran to Maverick College and after that, I found myself in the Polytechnic of Ibadan , running this IBGM stuff , Its Just lie A level. And lastly I AM MARRIED.
I THINK YOU HAVE FORGOTTEN THE FACT THAT YOU ARE STILL MR UI MAYBE BECAUSE ITS BEEN ALMOST TWO YEARS AND I THINK YOU ARE STILL THE LONGEST SERVING MR UI , SO LETS TALK ABOUT THE JOURNEY TO MR UI, IF YOU CAN STILL REMEMBER?
- That’s a long story oo, but ok , I was Mr. Nuesa already and I ddnt want to go for MR UI because I thought it will be bigger for me to handle but my cousin , who was my manager and my then Babe, who is now my wife , Layomi persuaded me and they were the ones running around to get my clothes , I was there being my playful self although they brought everything needed to my table and told me what to do on stage ,I did everything and I won, Surprisingly.
SO YOU THOUGHT YOU WERE NOT GOING TO WIN?
- No, I thought I was going to be 2nd or maybe 3rd because Martins was there and he was like the finest boy , so I did my calculation that martins would come first being the finest , Williams would be second being the tallest and I will come third. And at least the price for the third place might be a fan or a frigde, I will collect it because I thought the winner was going to collect a Car. I was there for the prize,I wsnt there because I was fine , I am not fine.
SO, AFTER EVERYTHING , YOU ARE NOW THE MR UI , SO HOW HAS THE NAME MR UI AFFECTED YOU POSITIVELY ?
- Let me just say my preferences, for some events and there was a pageant I went I went for that I don’t need to audition, because they heard I was the MR UI and particularly , there was a casting of a movie that I went for, I wasn’t selected , but on my way out , someone called me MR UI and the set manager had to call me back. There are also some modelling offers and runway shows that I get paid for, but MR UI HAS NOT GOTTEN ME SOMETHING BIG.
SO, HOW HAS THE TITLE MR UI AFFECTED YOU NEGATIVELY ?
- Ahhh, it’s the expectation people have for me negatively. Its quite annoying when you see people forgetting the fact that you ae a student , expect you to be a super human. The Comments I hear when I am being myself, that is what has affected me Negatively.
CAN YOU TELL US SOME OF THIS THINGS?
- For me , I can just sit on the floor or walk around with my boxers and you hear people say is that not MR UI and I just say shut the fuck up, I am still a student . people expect me to form , but I cant because that’s not me.
I THOUGHT YOU ARE GOING TO MENTION THE FACT THAT GIRLS ARE ALL OVER YOU BUT I THINK YOU JUST WANT TO KEEP THAT. SO YOU ARE A MODEL , TELL ME THE BIGGEST PLATFORM YOU HAVE GOTTEN YOURSELF TO WORK?
- *LAUGHS* I AM NOW FAT O. I HAVE WALKED WITH NATIONAL MODELS AT RUNWAY LIKE DOUGLAS OMONI, I was amazed when I saw he was going to be on the runway with me and he came up to me and said wow! You walk lovely.
SO ARE YOU GOING TO STOP AT THE MR UI LEVEL OR YOU WILL STILL APPLY FOR OTHER PAGEANT SHOW?
- Earlier this year I registered for MR NIGERIA but we are still waiting because they have not called us, so once they call us , we are goin, which will be a bigger stage for me.
ASIDE FROM MODELLING AND PAGEANTRY, WHAT ELSE DO YOU DO?
- *SHOUTS* “Cant you hear my voice, I talk Radio B*tch” I am an OAP and I was in premier fm before I went to petal fm 102.3 and I am always on air on Wednesdays 4-5pm and Fridays 7-11am.
WOW!!! THIS IS JUST TOO AMAZING , SO HOW DO YOU COPE DOING THESE THINGS WELL AND DON’T LET US FORGET, WITH YOUR STUDIES ALSO, WHATS THE SECRET?
- Well, I have always been lucky , I don’t have classes during that period ,not even exams and I am just the boss, *Laughs* (because I am bad like that)
SO, MR NIMI ,YOU SAID YOU ARE MARRIED? LET ME SAY YOUR WHEN YOU WANTED TO MARRY, YOUR WEDDING ACTUALLY WAS TRENDING ON TWITTER AND IT WAS ALL OVER INSTAGRAM , SO CAN YOU TELL ME BEFORE AND AFTER MARRIAGE? WHICH ONE IS BETTER?
- I will just say it’s a very big soup because then I had a girlfriend , but you know you still have the freedom to see a babe in idia , tomorrow mother in Queens , not necessarily that you are having intimate stuffs , but you just want to see them but now I cant because I am now focused. I JUST THINK MY LIFE BEFORE MARRIAGE IS UNSERIOUSNESS AND MY LIFE IN MARRIAGE HAS THIS SENSE OF SERIOUSNESS. It makes me plan my life and enables me to prepare for the future.
BUT YOU KNOW SERIOUSNESS COMES WITH MARRIAGE ITS NATURAL BECAUSE YOU NOW HAVE RESPONSBILITIES.SO, ARE YOU NOW SAYING WE SHOULD MARRY EARLY?
- (*SHOUTS* That’s why I said you should go and marry boy) Yeah, try and not marry late marry early it helps.
SO, IF YOU ARE SAYING I SHOULD MARRY EARLY MARRY EARLY THEN WHAT TIME IS EARLY? I THIRTY YEARS OF AGE IS STILL EARLY OR WHAT DO YOU THINK?
- Don’t put words in my mouth but thirty years of age is not early but lest say 21,22,23 or 24 *he laughs* Even 19 years ,Yes , I heard the owner of EAC Got Married at the Age of 19 and they are still together so go and marry STOP FLIRTING.
SO, WHY HER? , WHAT DO YOU SEE IN HER THAT MADE HER DIFFERENT FROM OTHERS?
DO you know, funny enough when I first met till when we were dating, I ddnt know why I was dating her , sometimes I ask myself, Even people ask me why I was dating a Nerd, but then I ddnt know why because I was surrounded with chicks that have Big ASS , brazillian hair and they are all out there but they ddnt freak me.it was later God told me that she is my wife and she is the n=bone of my bone and flesh of my flesh , that is why I am still able to cope with everything around me because she is Loving and Understanding . I heard myself when God said he has made her for me right from the womb .
I PRAY GOD TELLS AND SHOWS ME MY OWN BONE AND FLESH , SO WHAT DO YOU THINK ABOUT THE ISSUE OF DIVORCE ESPECIALLY WHEN YOUNG LOVERS MARRY AND AFTER A SHORT PERIOD OF TIME ,THEY SEPARATE?
- Firstly, I don’t like it when you Call us young lovers or couples , I think the main problem of divorce this days is misplace priority for instance when I wanted to marry , I know thie kind of person my wife and after few years of marriage maybe I start complaining about her not doing this or wearing this which I know she doesn’t do or wear on a normal day that is misplaced prority we must not allow our fast changing society affect our arriage. And also the issue of feminism has brought more divorce too.
SO ARE YOU SAYING YOU DON’T BELIEVE IN FEMINISM ?
- NO, I believe females should not be maltreated ,objectified .They should be respected but I don’t like the way most people don’t understand the idea of feminism, I believe we are all human but I don’t believe we equal. Down the ages, with our so called religion and cuture , we have never been placed equally ,so why will some people now come and say they can do what they like.its high time we went back to our culture , we cant continue to act like the Europeans We are Africans and in African culture , Men are pladed higher than women , the funniest thing I know like five feminist who are over forty years and are not married or happy either. They just come out to talk and act as a feminist, but indoors , they cry and have seen some cry too. So, why the f**K should we imbibe European culture, when we can go with culture which if care is not taken would soon die. I think it is the issue of feminism that is causing Highrate of lesbianism in the world.
SO THAT MEANS YOU ARE AGAINST SAME SEX MARRIAGE?
I have my reservation against same sex marriage because I have Gay friends and I learn to tolerate them.
THANKS FOR YOUR TIME SIRE-KOMI
INTERVIEWED BY ILIAS
EDITED BY : YOMMY
I could be a geek sometimes and a Social person another time, it depends on the Circumstance.
To Contact me
BBM Pin: 5604CFE2
IG $ Twitter :Sir_yommy .
For Advert Placement email
Latest posts by sir_yommy (see all)
- Funke Akindele & JJC celebrate 1st wedding anniversary today, shower each other with loving words on IG - August 24, 2017
- Wayne Rooney retires from international football with Immediate effect - August 24, 2017
- I have no intentions of promoting tobacco to get people killed – Olamide responds to NBC banning his song - August 23, 2017