Bridge International Academies is the world’s largest and fastest-growing chain of primary and pre-primary schools with more than 400 academies and 120,000 pupils in Kenya and Uganda. We democratize the right to succeed by giving families living in poverty access to the high-quality education that will allow their children to live a very different life.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Corporate Affairs Manager
Location: Based outside Lagos
Policy & Partnerships/Corporate Affairs:
- As Manager Corporate Affairs, you will be responsible for working closely with the Expansion Director to build strategic relationships with key stakeholders in the Government, the private sector and civil society.
- With the Government, you will be responsible for driving Bridge’s strategy for public private partnerships, with the private sector you will responsible for driving conversations around Bridge’s engagement with CSR and with the Civil Society, you will ensure that Bridge builds relationships and is well entrenched in discourses around Education and human development.
- Ideal candidate will have a strong ability to multi-task and take ownership of all aspects of the current government relations activities.
- You’re an extremely effective communicator, both written and verbal, and are energized by interacting with people, building relationships, and networking.
- These things come naturally to you and are what you crave in your working life.
- A keen sense of ownership, speedy execution, and scrappiness is a must.
What You Will Do
- Position Bridge International Academies as a credible partner for conversations around education for all
- Work with corporate players to develop partnerships for educating underserved communities
- Work with local, regional and national officials and groups with respect to the Bridge International Academies’ registration, strategic efforts, and related activities.
- Work with key stakeholders on consultative efforts to drive reforms in delivery of education to underserved communities
- Identify opportunities and work with partners in the private sector to drive efficient service delivery with government schools
- Identify CSR partners in the private sector to strengthen Bridge International Academies’ market presence and delivery
- Assists the Expansion Director, Nigeria with the coordination, facilitation, and advancement of expansion related priorities and other initiatives involving Bridge International Academies’ relationship with Local, State and/or Federal agencies and representatives, their staff members, and all other related parties.
- Establish and implement short- and long-range goals, objectives, policies and operating procedures for the government relations support function; monitor and evaluates program effectiveness; effects changes required for improvement
- All other job-related duties as assigned by management
- Identify the larger contours of PPP and CSR relationships and also be responsible for structuring PPP and CSR contracts
- Plan, develop, administer and evaluate programs, activities and daily operations related to the governmental affairs support function
- Coordinate complex interactions with legislators, legislative staff, other local and state officials, federal agency staff and other government officials/staff.
What You Should Have
- Masters’s degree with superior academic performance
- Extensive knowledge of local, state and federal government organization and legislative processes in primary education
- Rolodex of contacts within the ministry of education or equivalent local and state regulatory bodies
- Knowledge of local, state and federal government issues related to the provision of primary education
- Prior experience within a fast-paced, metric-driven consulting or educational organization
- We particularly value experience in extreme growth situations.
You Are Also:
- Proactive – You don’t always need supervision and you are a self-starter. Your personal drive to succeed and deliver keeps you working when you may not have a supervisor with you.
- A networking mastermind- You excel at meeting new people and turning them into advocates. You communicate in a clear, conscientious, and effective way in both written and oral speech. You can influence strangers in the course of a single conversation. Allies and colleagues will go to bat for your ideas.
- A creative problem-solver- Growing any business from scratch comes with massive and constant challenges. On top of that, Bridge works in volatile, low-resource communities and runs on fees averaging around $7 a month per pupil. You need to be flexible and ready to get everything done effectively, quickly, and affordably with the materials at hand.
- A customer advocate- Our customers – these families living on less than $2 a day per person – never leave your mind. You know them, get them, have shared a meal with them (or would be happy to in the future). You would never shrink back from shaking a parent’s hand or picking up a crying child, no matter what the person was wearing or looked like. Every decision you make considers their customer benefit, experience, and value.
- A malleable learner -You believe you can always do better. You welcome constructive criticism and provide it freely to others. You know you only get better tomorrow when others point out where you’ve missed things or failed today.
- A detailed doer – You have a track record of getting things done. You’re organized and responsive. You take ownership of every idea you touch and execute it to a fine level of detail, setting targets, engaging others, and doing whatever it takes to get the job done. You can multi-task dozens of such projects at once and never lose sight of the details. Likely, you have some experience in a start-up or other rapid-growth company.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
I could be a geek sometimes and a Social person another time, it depends on the Circumstance.
To Contact me
BBM Pin: 5604CFE2
IG $ Twitter :Sir_yommy .
For Advert Placement email
Latest posts by sir_yommy (see all)
- Boy hangs from a Ferris wheel by his neck after mum let him ride alone to save admission fee (Accident) - September 28, 2018
- Breaking: NLC to begin nationwide strike on Thursday over minimum wage - September 27, 2018
- Man left heartbroken after his girlfriend lied she was sick and wanted to retire for the night but was spotted partying with SA rapper Cassper Nyovest (Photos) - September 27, 2018